Forex trading in Sri Lanka can be a fascinating experience. Traders are always looking to attain the best market prices. These forex traders look into what the market has to offer for them and try to catch the right opportunities that could have great possibilities of high profitability. There are many reasons which make the forex market the best place to trade.
Every trader has different reasons to why he or she wants to trade in the forex market. To trade successfully, traders must know what they want and what to look for. There are various ways to analyze the forex markets, such as patterns, charts, and other analytical tools. They help you read the market conditions and what could be expected in the future. Different traders have different reasons for choosing the Forex market and choose different methods to analyze the market position.
Here are a few of them:
1 Pin Bar Trading Pattern Forex Trading Idea
A pin bar pattern comprises a single price bar showing a distinct reversal and rejection of a currency price. It is usually a candlestick price bar. The reversal pin bar is recognized by its extended tail, known as a shadow or wick. The zone that lies between the opening and closing end of the pin bar is referred to as the real body. Usually, in the pin bar, the real body is small and the tail is longer. The tail shows the prices which have been rejected, implying that the price will continue to move in opposite direction to which the tail is pointing.
Pin bar can be categorized as a bearish pin bar and bullish pin bar. In a bearish pin bar, the real body exists at the lower end of the long tail, with tail representing the higher prices which have been rejected for attaining the lower price in near future. In a bullish pin bar, the real body lies on the upper end of the long tail, and here too, the tail represents the lower prices which have been rejected to attain the higher price in near future.
Tips for pin bar trading
1. First look for pin bars in market trends
In order to better your pin bar trading results, look for pin bars in trending markets. A trending market is that market where price is moving in a particular direction. It can be moving in an upward direction, downward direction, or horizontal direction. Although you can also find great pin bar opportunities in range-bound and counter-trend trading, they do not occur very often and it can be difficult to trade as compared to trending markets.
Focusing on pin bars in trending markets means that you will only be focusing on charts with market trends or pairs of currencies. To becomes successful in pin bar trading, you should learn about how to trade in trending markets on everyday chart and charts with 4-hour time-frame. To learn more about what are technical tools to learn how to forex trading in Sri Lanka, check out - Forex Chart Types, Chart Patterns, Candlestick Patterns, and Indicators.
2. Now look for pin bars at key support and resistance levels
It is not necessary that the market will always move in upward, downward, or sideways trend. Once you have learned about doing pin bar trading in trending markets, you can move to trade in other market conditions without trends. You can look for pin bars at the main support and resistance levels in the market. They can be strong points for a pin bar trading. If you want to know what is the support and resistance level and how to find them, you can refer to ‘Forex Trading with Support and Resistance Zones’.
3. Look for points where the tail is protruding from leading price movements
Protruding pin bar tail means when the tail is jutting out from the key levels resulting in incorrect breakout level. The pin bar is basically an indicator of reversal, and more the tail is sticking out from the key level, powerful will be the rejection and reversal. With the stronger reversal, there are more chances of pin bar trading strategy becoming a great success.
2 Reversal Trading Forex Trading Idea
Fundamentally, reversal trading is a counter-trend trading method. In this trading method, a trader enters the market against the direction in which price is moving. It helps in reducing the risks when the price movement begins the reversal trend.
It might seem a lucrative idea to get into the market at very high or very low price points in the market. Reversal trading can be done in two way, bullish and bearish. When the market is bullish, the reversal will occur when the price will start falling from a very high price point attained due to an upward trend. On the other hand, the bearish market, a reversal occurs when the price starts moving upwards after reaching a very low point due to a downward trend in the prices. While reversal can be a good trading position, it is a very risky method and is not appropriate for the beginners of the forex trade.
Types of Reversal Trading based on price movements in the forex market:
- Upward trend - It is also recognized as uptrend. It comprises of successive price highs and trend eventually stopping with an absolute high price. Then the reversal starts at that absolute high price and then the price action starts moving downwards, reaching the absolute low after a series of lowest lows.
- Downward trend - It is also recognized as the downtrend. It comprises of successive price lows before reaching an absolutely low price. When reversal begins, the price starts moving upwards, moving from higher highs, until it touches absolute high price.
Factors to consider when executing reversal trading method
As a forex trader, when you are executing a reversal trading strategy, it is better to consider some factors that can help you move your trade in the right direction. They are:
- Marketplace - There are many financial markets around the world and each of them comes with different and unique characteristics of its own. Forex market is one of them. It has many unique features. When you are entering the forex market, you need to consider factors like the trend, volumes, liquidity, etc. So that you understand what to expect and not to do in the forex market when trading, especially in reversal.
- Trade position - Any trader in the forex market would want to own a strong trading position and at a time when he or she can make big earnings. To enter with a reversal strategy with a healthy expectation of a good fortune, the necessary elements of the reversal must exist in the market when you are entering reversal trade. Using the market’s fundamental elements, technical elements and news from external sources affecting the forex market can help you identify the possibilities of the directions in which prices could move.
- Risks and Rewards - There is no trading without risks and rewards. Working with beneficial risks and rewards are significant parts of forex trading in reversal. As a result, it is important to consider risks and rewards before you enter into a reversal trade. By considering applicable stop loss level along with possible profits, you can make sure that earnings made from flourishing reversal trades surpass the trades where you failed.
3 News Trading in Forex Trading Idea
When it comes to forex news trading, it is perhaps one of the most fascinating and exciting ways of trading. The effects could be immediate in the form of quick profits or quick losses. With quick profits come quick satisfaction and with quick losses come quick discontentment. Basically, news trading is about trading in the forex market after a news has been released that can have the impact on the forex market price movements.
When you are getting into news trading, it is necessary that you gather the knowledge regarding which new releases are expected during that week. When trading news, you first have to know which releases are actually expected that week. Along with that, it is important for you to comprehend which information or data you should look out for when going for news trading. Some of the data you must follow from any economy are Interest rate fluctuations, Sales data, Country’s inflation rate, Unemployment rate, GDP, Business reports and surveys, Consumer surveys, Trade balance, and many other economic indicators. Importance of the factors or news releases may vary depending on the current scenario of the concerned economy.
But, what you need to understand is that news trading is not everyone’s cup of coffee. It is especially not a good choice for beginners as it is very risky and can instantly turn the profits into losses. Even many experienced traders avoid new trading during the time when news can have a huge impact as it can be dangerous to trade during those times.
Tips for news trading in the forex market
1) It would help you place a trading order, if you know in which direction the market is currently moving, whether it is upwards, downwards, or sideways, and which direction it could move during the news trading. It is also referred to as directional bias when you place an order based on in which direction the market might move in future after the news release.
2) Try to figure out the fundamental reasons for why and how any news release affects the market and why it moves towards a particular direction after the news release.
3) When you are willing to place the trade based on a non-directional bias, it means you don’t care which way market prices move, you just want to place the order. It might be a good move under normal market circumstances, however, if the news released is of high impact, you might want to consider before placing the order.
4) Before placing an order based on the news release, it would be better if you check different reports to get a feel for what really is happening. Look for things like:
- Which news reports will affect the price movements in the forex market.
- Whether the news will be a high impact or low impact event.
- At what news reports you should not trade in the market.
- Keep track of how well prepared you are to take on the changes that might occur in the price movements after the news release.
5) Entering into the market without proper knowledge and preparation during a high-impact news release can turn out to be a disaster for your trading position. Take your time and get some practice. Do your research and evaluate the economic indicators to recognize how they impact the forex market.
6) Keep in mind that, when a news is released, its effect usually lasts from half n hour to 2 hours, and it can change based on the current scenario of the market. So make your trading plans based on that.
7) In case you have done a fundamental and technical analysis of the market for an expected news release, but when the actual news is released and market moves according to that, and the real movement does not match your expectations, do not go against the market trend. Just follow the market trend. It might be that you might have missed some details while making analysis or might have fully understood what effects might come upon the market on the release of the news.
8) Last but not the least, never be in too much hurry to get into a trade. Rushing into the things might prove to be a damaging move on your part. Look for the strong indicators, and make sure whatever news has been released in the market is genuine and not a hoax, and only then make your move to trade in forex market.
Just keep in mind that, nothing comes easy and you must put some efforts on your part to enjoy the benefits of the market conditions.
To learn more about technicalities in the forex market, refer to ‘ What are the must know the technical terms used in the Forex Industry that I should know ? ’ and if you want to hire forex brokers in Sri Lanka, refer to ‘ Where to trade Forex Online and type of Forex brokers ? ’